Return to the About this Site page - or - return to A McLaren Migration homepage.
About this Site | Acknowledgements
The generosity of genealogists is legendary, but I was still amazed at their willingness to spend time and money helping a perfect stranger. Allow me to acknowledge their kindness:
- Bob Bond did the ground work. His ancestors were prominent in Lanark. He visited the area and did a great deal of research on related families, including the McLarens. We made contact through Ancestry.com, and he provided the basis for most of my McLaren genealogy.
- Bob recommended the Lanark County Genealogical Society. Their website is loaded with information and several of their members have provided personal service, especially Mary L. Gonder and Irma Willoughby.
- He also put me in contact with R. Keith Thomson, of Woodstock, ON - who forwarded family data sheets and photos.
- Special thanks go to Barbara I. (Fergusson) Purdy, of Carleton Place, ON and Evelyn Eberhardt, of Regina, SK, who have corresponded regularly and forwarded huge stacks of family data through the mail (I have three-ring binders full of their contributions).
- In no particular order: Patricia Holmes, Gary Pinson, and Dana Nelson Law.
- And finally, my cousins David James McLaren (still residing in Lanark), Phyllis Goold and John Olson, who have provided information and encouragement throughout.
Return to the About this Site
page - or - return to A McLaren Migration
This site, A McLaren Migration, is maintained by David J. McLaren - who may be contacted through The Mailbox
Updated March 2, 2006
Copyright © 2005 David J. McLaren, all rights reserved.
Commercial use of the material on this site is prohibited.